We had a really busy two weeks with visits from both of my parents-in-law (separately) and a trip to Connecticut to spend time with my family, so as house chef I was pretty much on vacation. Over the past two weeks I only cooked four dinners! In addition to the orzo (mostly disappointing) and chicken salad (good, but nothing to write home about), I also made two delicious recipes from Everyday Food...
First, Steamed Cod with Ginger and Scallions. I love recipes that are both simple and delicious and also make me feel healthier. To go with the fish, I cooked some jasmine rice in my rice cooker (which is my favorite kitchen gadget second only to my mini-prep) and added some toasted coconut and lime zest. Definitely look forward to making this again.
Second, Cayenne-Rubbed Chicken with Avocado Salsa. Yes, we all know I'm an avocado addict. Normally recipes involving cayenne pepper end up too spicy for me and not spicy enough for my husband (who has happily munched on raw habanero peppers, successfully completed a plate of what is supposedly the hottest curry in the country, and been known to douse everything in this condiment, if that gives you any idea of his passion for spicy food), but this was the perfect level of spicy for me while managing to at least register on my better half's spicy scale. Another simple and delicious dinner to make again.
-----
What we're eating this week:
Lemon Chicken with Olives and Ricotta
Pork Chops with Balsamic Strawberry Salad & Pine Nut Orzo
Chicken, Red Grape and Pesto Pizza
Avocado and White Bean Salad with Feta
Black Bean, Corn and Zucchini Enchiladas*
Spiced Chops with Mango Mint Salsa
Parmesan Crusted Fish with Bowtie Pasta
*we've made this before and it's a hit!
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment