My husband and I have been eagerly awaiting the start of the new BBC series, Life, which started last night on the Discovery Channel. The series was produced by the same people who did Planet Earth and it's proving so far to be just as spectacular. These series are the reason HD was invented (and the reason I'm ok with having the giant television my husband purchased years ago for our small-scale living room). We pretty much sit on the couch staring at the television, mouths agape, shaking our heads in disbelief over all of the amazing things that exist in the world.
My one gripe so far is the choice of Oprah as the narrator... I just don't think her narration is suited to the footage. It could be that I'm just too biased towards the narrating genius of David Attenborough, whose voice I first fell in love with while viewing the BBC's Blue Planet series. I guess I can understand the decision to choose a recognizable American voice to narrate the United States network release of these BBC series (Sigourney Weaver narrated Planet Earth, and was better suited to the narration than Oprah but still pale in comparison to the original), but David Attenborough just adds something extra to an already top-quality production. Thankfully we can purchase the series, just as we did with Planet Earth, with Attenborough's narration. I'm just disappointed that we have to listen to Oprah as we watch the series live every Sunday night, but the incredible footage is still worth it.
Everyone should be watching!
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment