Saturday, March 20, 2010

Welcome Spring!

What better day to start something new than on the first day of spring?

I'm a 30-something, new first-time mom living in New England, and the official start of spring is a day that has been long-awaited in my household. Being cooped up with a newborn on gray, chilly, windy, sometimes very wet days has been difficult and, to say the least, uninspiring. I love to be outside, to be creative, to make things... and I have long been looking forward to sharing these loves with my daughter, Phoebe, as she grows up. I hope to use this space to keep track of and share our adventures and projects - which will very likely be small, commonplace, everyday... but still special and very worth remembering - but I'm sure there will also be a fair amount of random rambling, inspirational images and ideas, recommendations for little things I love (especially in the areas of affordable fashion and home decor), and very amateurish photography. Welcome!

The weather this past week has been wonderful - the perfect way to usher in the new season. For the past few days I've treated Phee to some time outside on a soft blanket in our backyard, but today my husband and I took her on an adventure in the stroller to a small park in our neighborhood. Sitting on the grass as a family, watching Phee smiling in the sun, I realized that I'm happier now than I ever have been in my life. I think this photo captures that feeling pretty darn well.

No comments:

Post a Comment