After reviewing an absurd number of fabrics, I think I just may have found the winner for the curtain panels in my home office. Try as I might to go more modern, the stand-out fabric is... wait for it... a floral. Sigh.
Granted, it's a large-scale floral (the repeat is more than 2 feet) and it includes some brighter, more modern colors like lime green, teal, aqua, and bright pink, but it's still a floral... and I had hoped for something more geometric. I'm so predictable.
The biggest selling point of this floral is that it comes across very light, with a substantial portion of the background ivory visible in the pattern. The main issues I've had with some of the more modern, geometric fabrics in my desired color palette were designs being too small-scale and not having enough white showing to prevent the fabric from darkening the room.
So I'm going to make a trip out to one more fabric store in a final hunt for the perfect modern fabric before sealing the deal, but as of right now it seems like P Kauffman's Brissac Jewel is the winner. I have a small square swatch taped to my window frame for now (you can see part of the swatch flower in the upper right corner of the repeat posted above) and I'm really happy with how the teal and green colors in the swatch work with the yellow walls. It's always tough to really visualize how a pattern will look once it's center stage in a room, but I'm almost ready to take that leap of faith and get these windows dressed for the party.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



hey there :) I saw your blog on Julie's sidebar and had no idea it was you!
ReplyDeletethat fabric is very pretty... and I am finding it very funny that last week I ordered a similar floral for shades for our guestroom/office - waverly maldives (the "sea glass" color). :)
I love the floral, it's very you. It's good to have your own distinct style! It's a fun, modern floral, not old lady.
ReplyDeleteGreat pick! The colors are gorg!
ReplyDelete