More keeper recipes from this past week...
The Curried Pork Burgers with Mango Chutney were really good, particularly the chutney. There is really no reason that you have to use pork in this recipe - the meat is basically a blank canvas for the seasoning and chutney, so ground turkey or chicken would work equally well. Instead of using buns, we ate these with a side of whole wheat couscous. That made it feel more like a meal instead of just a sandwich, and it was healthier to boot.
We also really liked the Hoisin Beef & Edamame Noodles. I liked that the sauce wasn't too thick or heavy and that the beef was more of a supporting role than the star of the dish. We just used up about half a box of linguine that was in the pantry as the noodles.
I've been trying to incoporate salad into our diet more frequently, so I've been collecting recipes that offer up something different than our usual basic greens with balsamic vinegar. While it was a bit more involved than the usual "chop and toss" variety, the Asian Snap Pea Salad was still quick and easy, healthy and delicious. I rubbed some chili powder and grill seasoning on some pork chops, threw them on the grill pan, and called it dinner.
The Lemon Chicken Stir-fry was the perfect light springy meal for us to share with our neighbors for a casual weekend supper. The lemon really added something different, a nice change from the typical flavors in a stir-fry. Instead of the mushrooms, I added one thinly sliced yellow bell pepper in with the carrots.
-----
What we're eating this week:
Spicy Lemon-Rosemary Pork Tenderloin
Fusilli with Lentils, Sausage, and Tomatoes
Chicken Pizza with a Kick
Roasted Pepper and Potato Tarts
Southern Fried-Chicken Supper
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment