Monday, April 5, 2010

Lunch, Day 3

Wanting to use up some of the canned tuna that we have in our pantry, I went out searching for a recipe for a new spin on my old lunch standby, tuna salad. I hoard cans of tuna like someone building a fallout shelter may. I buy it whenever it's on sale at the grocery store, regardless of how much we may already have at home. I'm not entirely sure why I do this and I swear it's the only food item I do this for (just to clarify, incase anyone was concerned that I should be signed up for the A&E reality show). Needless to say, we always have a good stock of tuna on hand.

The Cooking Light recipe for the Altuna Melt caught my eye, and that's what went on the menu for today's lunch challenge. I had all of the ingredients already and I love pretty much anything that involves provolone cheese (especially our all-time favorite make-at-home pizza). I used a whole wheat english muffin and probably more cheese than I should have, and this lunch was delicious. I also like that this recipe was set to serve two people so I didn't have to do any complex math to prevent having enough leftovers for an entire week afterwards. Although I could probably eat this for a whole week...

No comments:

Post a Comment