Friday, April 9, 2010

A New Leaf

When it comes to jewelry, I'm a necklace girl. I got my ears pierced back when I was nine and thoroughly enjoyed wearing earrings in various neon colors at the peak of the terrible late-'80s and early-'90s fashion wave, but let the holes close up shortly thereafter. I've considered getting them repierced as an adult, especially since I tend to wear my hair super-short on occasion, but I've never taken the plunge. So I don't wear earrings. I spend most of my day working at a computer or working with my hands, so bracelets kind of drive me crazy. Aside from my engagement and wedding rings and a pretty basic watch, the only jewelry I own belongs to the necklace family. And I love necklaces.


I like interesting antique and vintage pieces and started my collection of those by scavenging on eBay more than a decade ago. I like beads. I like weird pendants. I like big, statement necklaces. I have several necklaces that actually make my husband roll his eyes. He doesn't understand fashion.

I actually pared down my collection last year to just my favorites (sad). Now that there are days where I don't actually leave the house it seemed silly to have so many necklaces just loitering in my closet. Lately I'd been yearning for something simpler. Something pretty and different, but a bit less in-your-face. Something I could wear every day, even days where I'm not planning to leave the house. After a quick spin on etsy, I found just the right thing. I'm happily smitten with my new delicate leaf necklace, courtsey of Blonde Chick Studio.

Yesterday Phee nearly ripped it off my neck, so I guess the daily wear plan will be put on hold until the "grabby" phase is officially passed... so, like age 12, right?

2 comments:

  1. Your new necklace is so pretty! I'm the opposite - I were lots of earrings and bracelets so love seeing fun necklaces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love that leaf. It's a statement piece without being overbearing.

    I wish I could find more jewelry I could actually wear. Since I am allergic to metals (can only wear gold), I am really limited on necklace (or anything else for that matter).

    ReplyDelete